Colorado DNR - Water Resource Division 1: Soils
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service and Colorado Division of Water Resources
- USDA 1994 State Soil Geographic (STATSGO) database with available water capacity calculations. Projected to UTM coordinate system and clipped to Colorado DWR Division 1. This data set is a digital general soil association map developed by the National Cooperative Soil Survey. It consists of a broad based inventory of soils and non soil areas that occur in a repeatable pattern on the landscape and that can be cartographically shown at the scale mapped. The soil maps for STATSGO are compiled by generalizing more detailed soil survey maps. Where more detailed soil survey maps are not available, data on geology, topography, vegetation, and climate are assembled, together with Land Remote Sensing Satellite (LANDSAT) images. Soils of like areas are studied, and the probable classification and extent of the soils are determined. Map unit composition for a STATSGO map is determined by transecting or sampling areas on the more detailed maps and expanding the data statistically to characterize the whole map unit. This data set consists of georeferenced digital map data and computerized attribute data. The map data are collected in 1- by 2-degree topographic quadrangle units and merged and distributed as statewide coverages. The soil map units are linked to attributes in the Map Unit Interpretations Record relational data base which gives the proportionate extent of the component soils and their properties. Colorado soils data was clipped to CO DWR Division 1 boundary.
- Colorado Department of Natural Resources
- United States, South Platte River Watershed, and Colorado
- Hydrology and Soils
- Date Issued:
- Use and reproduction:
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States.
- Held by:
- University of Colorado Boulder
|Click on map to inspect values|