Colorado Parks & Wildlife - Species Data - Greater Sage Grouse Linkages
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife GIS Group, Species Conservation Unit, Biologists, District Wildlife Managers and Researchers
- GrSGLinkages11082018. Greater sage grouse GIS dataset identifying linkage areas between sage grouse populations. The data set was created by mapping efforts of the Colorado Division of Wildlife (now Colorado Parks and Wildlife) biologists for the Statewide conservation plan in 2005, and further refined in early 2012. The linkage areas were delineated based on a selection of vegetation classes in the Colorado Basin-wide dataset. The following list shows the vegetation classes used to assist the biologists in delineating the areas. Linkages Vegetation Classes Determined by Pam Schnurr and Brad Petch on 11/20/2005 from Basinwide Vegetation classes Agriculture Land Bitterbrush Community Bitterbrush/Grass Mix Disturbed Rangeland Disturbed Soil Dryland Ag Foothill and Mountain Grasses Forb Dominated Grass Dominated Grass/Forb Mix Grass/Forb Rangeland Grass/Misc. Cactus Mix Grass/Yucca Mix Greasewood Irrigated Ag Juniper/Mtn Shrub Mix Juniper/Sagebrush Mix Mesic Mountain Shrub Mix PJ-Mtn Shrub Mix PJ-Oak Mix PJ-Sagebrush Mix Rabbitbrush/Grass Mix Rangeland Sagebrush Community Sagebrush/Gambel Oak Mix Sagebrush/Grass Mix Sagebrush/Greasewood Sagebrush/Mesic Mtn Shrub Mix Sagebrush/Rabbitbrush Mix Salt Desert Shrub Community Saltbrush Community Serviceberry/Shrub Mix Shrub/Brush Rangeland Shrub/Brush/Forb Mix Snowberry Snowberry/Shrub Mix Sparse Juniper/Shrub/Rock Mix Sparse PJ/Shrub/Rock Mix Winterfat/Grass Mix Xeric Mountain Shrub Mix Update: In August 2012, this dataset was modified to correct topology errors between the Linkages dataset and the PPH and PGH dataset.
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- Colorado and United States
- Sage grouse, Biogeography, and Wildlife conservation
- Date Created:
- Date Issued:
- Use and reproduction:
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States.
- Held by:
- University of Colorado Boulder
|Click on map to inspect values|